Human Beings generally spend one-third of their time in bed, and the difference between restful slumber and restless tossing around is a fine-quality mattress.
However, even the greatest mattress on the best beds will become worn out. When it comes to mattresses, the big question is “how long do mattresses last?”
The typical lifespan of a mattress is between 7 and 10 years. Factors like the original build quality, the materials used for making the mattress, and even the sleeping style and weight of the person sleeping can play a role in a mattress’s longevity.
When Should You Renew A Mattress?
A mattress does not come with a fixed expiration date. It’s up to the person using the mattress to figure out when it is worn out and needs a replacement.
People usually get so used to the feel of their beds that they don’t recognise the plunge in the form of mattress degradation. Regular flipping, checking and replacing will benefit the health of a person sleeping in.
If you are unsure about the condition of your mattress—whether to change it or squeeze a few more years out of it—then ask yourself these questions.
- Are you sleeping well?
- Has your mattress turned saggy?
- Do you suffer from chronic back pain, or is your mattress seven years old or more?
If you answer yes to the above questions, it is time to get rid of that mush and get yourself a brand-new mattress.
The Variety Of Foam Mattresses To Sleep On
Foam mattresses are the most popular form of mattress on the market because of their comfort and cost.
Let’s first get to know them better. Mattresses made of foam are supple and durable. They differ in price and stiffness, and they offer better support.
They usually come in three variants.
1. Polyurethane Foam – It is the topmost layer of an inner-spring mattress. They are memory foam without viscosity boosters, which makes them more springy and bouncy.
It is light in weight and is one of the most accessible mattresses that has ever been made.
2. Memory Foam – Memory foams are known for utilising body heat to gradually soften and conform to the shape of the sleeper, memory foam offers exceptional support and comfort.
When the sleeper gets up, the Mattress slowly releases the shape, but with time it moulds itself and remembers its sleeper’s style and sleeping pattern. Hence it is called Memory Foam.
3. Foam Latex – It is made using a sap-like material by aerating it to create air bubbles. This results in firm yet enthusiastic support, which will be the same even on the biggest bed size.
Unlike others, this Mattress is created using 100% natural substances while maintaining an immaculate production process.
The Lifespan Of A Foam Mattress
Foam Mattresses generally have a lifespan of 6 to 7 years. They can be given a durability rating of fair to good quality. They have a fair resistance to sagging and are of high-quality regarding resistance against premature softening.
Foam Mattresses don’t usually have the best resistance when creating a body impression on the Mattress. After all is said and done, they have a pretty overall longevity when it comes to mattresses.
Tips To Make Your Foam Mattress Last Longer
- Rotate it – By rotating the mattress, one can distribute the weight evenly across its surface. Rotating the mattress every 2-6 months might do the trick. Rotate it at an angle of 90 degrees or 180 degrees so that your head will be where your feet used to be and vice versa.
- Mattress Protector – It is highly recommended to buy a quality mattress protector. It keeps the mattress safe from stains, dust bacteria, dust mites, etc., reducing its lifespan. A waterproof protector does the best job and can be machine-cleaned too.
- Regularly wash your bedding – Regular washing and cleaning of sheets, blankets, and the mattress cover keep the mattress stay fresh for an extended period.
- Strong Bed Frame – A durable and strong bed frame can prevent the mattress from getting saggy, causing lumps and bumps. Bed frames come in a variety of styles, so you can choose one accordingly to match your mattress.
- Air out – It is a necessary process where you must let your mattress breathe; this will prevent it from building up foul odour and eliminate any extra moisture, which may lead to moulds and bacteria and will ultimately result in a longer lifespan of the mattress.
A good foam mattress has a solid lifespan of about seven years, but taking care of it and timely carrying out the procedures mentioned above can lead to their survival for a good part of 10 years.
Turn To Livpure For A Better Experience
If you feel like your Mattress is closing in on that age gap, then today is your lucky day because we are here to recommend the world-class Livpure Mattress to you. Probably the best store for Mattress online, Livpure brings you a wide range of perfect mattresses.
Their Orthopedic Mattress is one of the best Mattress for back pain in the present market, their Memory Foam mattresses are top notch, and they also have specially designed Foam mattresses that last longer than usual!
Based on your bed size, Livpure offers all sizes – king-size Mattress for large bed sizes, queen-size mattresses for a queen bed size, and single and twin mattresses for bachelors and toddlers!
Consider Your Best-Buy
Mattresses are a vital part of our lives. It is essential to recognise when one is no longer usable and change it accordingly because mattresses affect our overall health.
In today’s modern world, where everyone is so health conscious, we need to pay importance to our sleep; for that, our Mattress holds a valuable place. Be smart. Renew your Mattress when it needs to