The secret to glowing skin is a simple yet effective and naturally occurring substance – water. Sufficient water consumption leads to a healthy balance of electrolytes, keeps us away from kidney diseases and helps maintain a safe body weight.
However, clean water and healthy water can benefit you beyond these aspects. You can feel and notice changes in your skin’s texture and quality when consuming at least 7-8 glasses of water daily. Further, water is a drink for fat loss as it keeps you full and shifts the focus from emotional eating like stress or boredom.
When should you drink water for maximum skin benefit?
There is no hard and fast rule of when to drink water for maximum skin benefits. However, certain practices can help achieve glowing, supple skin and a healthy body.
- Drink water right after you wake up – While many people drink coffee to fight the morning sluggishness, it is not better than drinking water to replenish your dry body. Your body has been water devoid for 7-8 hours, and drinking water right after you wake up is the best habit for your body and skin.
- Choose water as an afternoon drink – Working from home can lead to mid-noon slumber pangs. While coffee can help battle the urge, try drinking water instead. You can shake it up by adding your favourite fruits and veggies in the blender for a change of taste.
- Hydrate before bedtime: Drink a small cup of water before bed. Don’t gulp down an entire mug since that might lead to a bathroom visit in the middle of the night. It will maintain body hydration and even prevent stomach cramping.
Drinks for radiant and glowing skin
Morning drinks take the front seat when it comes to drinks that will make your skin glow. The best drinks are water-based, and almost every smoothie or juice has water. Continue reading to kick start your journey towards healthy and smooth skin with some of the easiest drinks.
- Lemon and honey water – This is one of the best drinks for skin health. Lemon contains vitamin C and flavonoids, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants prevent the formation of free radicals that can damage skin cells. Further, they help prevent inflammation and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Green tea – Rich in antioxidants like catechins, green tea protects against cell damage and has anti-ageing properties. Further, it can boost metabolism and consists of l-theanine, an amino acid that reduces stress levels and promotes calmness.
- Mineral water – Mineral water is high in minerals like zinc, boosting collagen production and preventing ageing and skin thinning. It also contains minerals like copper and selenium, essential to fight UV-light-induced free radicals. It is one of the readily available drinks for skin health.
Benefits of water for glowing skin
The best drink for healthy skin is water. as it makes it glow. This can be achieved by hydration therapy. Insufficient water can make your skin tight and dry. Eventually, the skin loses its elasticity. Further, the thin skin under your eyes will start darkening. Enough hydration will prevent moisture loss and add radiance to your skin by tightening it.
Helps prevent the development or reduces skin problems like acne
Water eliminates toxins from the body and reduces pore-clogging. This reduces the chances of acne and other skin-related issues. Further, water acts as a moisturiser from within and aids the skin in promoting cell rejuvenation and collagen production.
When you drink water, it nourishes the body from the inside and outside. It aids in blood flow regulation which is vital for skin glow. The increase in blood flow leads to an even complexion by reducing pigmentation among many people. Water for skin also maintains the body’s pH level and enables the digestive system to flush out toxins via the kidneys. Moreover, drinking water will prevent puffiness, especially around the eyes when you wake up.
Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Dehydration can lead to various signs of ageing, such as wrinkles, crow’s feet, fine lines, sagging skin, etc. If you don’t drink enough water, around 7-8 glasses every day, there is a high chance you will face these problems. Further, due to dehydration, these signs will appear faster than ever if you live in a dry climate.
Pro-tip: To speed up your de-tanning process, increase your water intake or maintain it.
Best water purifier for safe water
You might drink green tea, fruit juices, vegetable juices or the infamous lemon and honey water first thing in the morning as a drink for healthy skin. The main component of these drinks is healthy water. The best water purifier will filter out toxic impurities from the tap water.
You can consume safe water like RO water at home as a drink for healthy skin. The best water purifier for home is one which efficiently filters out impurities from water. Some of these are –
- RO water purifier – The water filtering process in a RO water purifier is based on reverse osmosis. Water molecules move across a semi-permeable membrane while dissolved salts and other solid particles do not pass through.
- RO+UV water purifier – A UV filter kills all the microorganisms, and the RO filter removes the dead bacteria in the water.
- RO+UF purifier – After the RO filter removes toxic material from water, the UF filter retains beneficial minerals for additional benefits.
Drinking plenty of water for skin will ensure a healthy body and skin. Water can nourish every organ, and skin, the biggest organ, benefits immensely. However, you must ensure that you consume safe and clean drinking water.
Use an RO water purifier, as mentioned above, to drink water for glowing skin. Therefore, water is the best drink for healthy skin, and you must invest in Livpure best water purifier for your home. It’s time to level up your skin game by drinking a full glass of water first thing in the morning.