Some nights, it’s just impossible to sleep. No matter what you do, sleep escapes you. Tossing from side to side doesn’t help. You’re too tired to get up, but you’re too awake to sleep. Maybe you had a hard day at work, and your mind won’t stop playing flashbacks. Or you’re overthinking something that happened a while back. It could even be anxiety over an event that’s coming up.
What do you do? How do you fall asleep? Here are the best ways to fall asleep quickly.
How to ensure you sleep well
If you struggle to sleep at night, you may have insomnia. Insomniacs struggle to get enough sleep each night, which makes them tired, irritable, and unable to concentrate during the day.
But you can’t self-diagnose insomnia, and if you suspect you have it, you should see a therapist and get help. More often than not, stress keeps people up at night. This is why you should use these tried-and-true techniques to put you to sleep as soon as you hit the bed.
1. Change your sleeping environment
Maybe you find it so hard to fall asleep because your room décor doesn’t permit it. Ideally, your room should be cool, comfortable and dark when it’s time to sleep. You could try-
- Investing in a comfortable mattress: Livpure mattresses are made to help you sleep comfortably. They have a range of super soft mattresses that are so comfy you’ll just sink in and go straight to sleep. A comfortable and soft mattress increases your chances of sleeping better.
- Turning off most lights: Having lights on when you’re going to bed is a big no-no. Light suppresses the quantity of melatonin secreted, which is not good since it is needed to help you fall asleep. If you really require a light, get a night light and plug it in before you sleep each night.
- Keeping phones away: The blue light from your screens interferes with your body’s preparation for sleep. Therefore, avoid using your phone, TV, or laptop an hour or so before bed. Your body will sense the need for sleep as a result of this.
2. Get into a proper sleep routine
A healthy sleep schedule makes sure that your body is relaxed before bed. You will nod off quickly if you do this:
- Making a schedule: Your body gets into a pattern by making a sleep schedule. This way, it knows when you need to sleep and wake up. If you have to be up at seven on weekdays, try to wake up at the same time on weekends.
- Keeping track of your sleeping patterns: Use a journal or your phone to record how much sleep you get, when you get it, and how tired you feel throughout the day. You can track this with some apps as well. When you do this, you can present it to your therapist or physician, who can then assist you in developing a better bedtime plan.
- Setting aside 30 minutes a day for worrying: Set aside a little while each day to address any problems you have. Maybe you can do this 2—3 times daily for 10 minutes each. This way, they won’t all pop into your head just as you try to sleep.
3. Adopt healthy habits
A healthy body and healthy sleep go hand in hand. You need a healthy body to sleep well and sleeping well gives you a healthier body. Make sure to take care of your health by:
- Avoiding smoking: Smoking frequently can lead to insomnia. This happens because the body goes into nicotine withdrawal at night.
- Exercise frequently: Going for a daily run or hitting the gym can improve sleep quality. Your body tires itself out, and it helps you sleep quicker and for a longer time. You should always keep a three-hour gap between exercising and going to bed.
- Take a power nap: Sleeping for about 10 to 20 minutes during the day can make you feel refreshed. A good nap can even improve your memory and creativity. Try not to sleep longer than 20 minutes, as that can make it harder to fall asleep at night.
4. Prepare your body to sleep
Try not to go straight from work to sleep each night. Include an activity before you sleep which can relax your mind and body. Some things you can do include:
- Trying to meditate: Meditating is so good for the body. It doesn’t just help clear your mind and calm your body, but it can help with many other things—people who meditate before bed sleep quicker, better and longer. You could also try yoga or deep breathing.
- Don’t overeat before bed: Having a big meal just before it’s time to sleep will make you feel too stuffed. Lying down could make you feel nauseous. You must sleep only three hours after you have eaten. Otherwise, it could lead to an upset stomach, acid reflux or indigestion.
- Have a warm shower: A warm bath or shower just before bed can help you destress and relax. When you get out of the bathroom and walk into your cool bedroom, the temperature change will slow down your body’s metabolism. That will trigger sleepy feelings.
Can a comfortable mattress help you sleep better?
Experts agree that having a good and comfortable mattress can help improve your sleep quality. The better your mattress, the better you will be able to sleep. But how can a mattress help? A good mattress Livpure will help you in the following ways:
- Get quality sleep every night
- No tossing and turning in bed
- Helps maintain your form and posture
- Protects your mental and physical health
Many people have a problem sleeping because they have chronic back pain. Getting a mattress for back pain is the best solution. Livpure mattresses are the best mattresses for back pain. Some of their most popular ones are:
- Livpure latex mattress
- Livpure smart mattress
- Livpure foam mattress
Each of these has its benefits. You can find them on the website to buy Livpure mattresses online. The Livpure mattress price is not high and is made affordable so that many people can enjoy its benefits.
Livpure sleep products are here to help!
Livpure sleep products are made with utmost care and precision to enable you to sleep quickly and wake up refreshed. They have a range of soft mattress and comfortable mattress that is loved by all who try them.
If you get frequent backaches, Livpure mattresses are known to be the best mattress for back pain. Since the Livpure mattress price is affordable for all, it will undoubtedly be a good investment.