No matter what your decoration style is, the bedroom is where we try to keep things clean and straightforward. And that is relatively easy to get to until it comes time to fold a comforter, duvet, or bed sheet. Folding a comforter might not sound that difficult, but as it turns out, most times it is, and just the thought of having to fold it makes us feel lazy. Folding a comforter or bedspread is often frustrating and annoying, especially every morning. While storing it as a messy ball is less complicated, it’ll wrinkle and take up extra space.
Here we have tried to compile some pro tips to make your bed and comforter look good and storage solutions for your beloved bedspread.
Fold as soon as it’s dry
We all face laziness while doing our laundry- especially so when it is time for heavy laundry like bedsheets and comforters and throws. Doing the laundry is the easier part though, the after wash routine is the hardest for the lazy souls. It is tempting to keep the comforter in the dryer long after the cycle’s stopped spinning or to unload a bulk of laundry from the hamper while you finish making dinner or catching up with your favorite TV program. Please don’t. When it’s hot, you’ll be able to play with and fold the comforter more easily and it won’t form wrinkles. Fold it in half and, with the assistance of your hands, try and remove all the air in between the folds.
Also, you will see, if you start taking care of your freshly laundered stuff right away, you won’t delay it too much and then get lazy. It will get stuck to you like a routine. Either store your comforter away or put it on your bed instantly- sleeping in a freshly laundered comforter feels extra plush!
Is your comforter thin like a quilt or thick like a down blanket? There is no need to measure it accurately or anything. Just carefully observe your comforter and estimate how thick it is. Knowing this may determine how you fold it. For thicker comforters and bedspreads, lay flat and fold each side one-third of the way. For thinner blankets and quilts, lay them flat, and fold each corner toward the middle, ensuring the fold is in the middle.
But then, you do not need to have two or three kinds of comforters with different thicknesses. You can just buy Livpure’s all-weather comforter- a plush and soft comforter for all seasons. It is good for the summers and your air-conditioned room, as well as for light winters. And folding and storage are also easy, for it is very light, washable, and long-lasting.
Once the comforter is folded there’s still work to be done. After all, you will need to get it sufficiently small to fit on a chair or within the linen closet. If you’re storing it away for the season you wouldn’t want some of your cat’s hair inside the folds, you’ll be wanting to fold it again in half and repeat the method. At the tip of the third fold, with the assistance of a rope at least three feet long, make a lasso. This can help for maintaining the shape. Then you’ll be able to store it more easily and no one would be able to get in it. Or, for thicker comforters, wrap a sturdy ribbon round the comforter to lock it, or place it in an exceeding linen, breathable bag. Livpure’s all-weather comforter already comes in a bag, so you wouldn’t even need to buy one!
How to make your bed like those in magazines
A beautifully made bed can make the entire room look amazing! Designers know this and use bed linens to their maximum potential. A fabulously made bed can make the entire room appear updated and chic and delightful, whether or not the remainder of it’s very ordinary. And layering bedding amps up the wow factor even more. Here are some tips and tricks for layering a bed with a comforter.
- Star with a bottom sheet. Try to iron it crisp before you put it on the bed. You can also use a linen spray to keep it fresh for a long time.
- Put the flat sheet on the bed with the bottom side facing up. If possible pull it to the top of the mattress.
- Make sure you’ve got enough room at the top to fold the sheet over other blankets or a skinny quilt or comforter. The fold of the sheet is going to make the appearance pretty! And ensure you tuck the sheet in under the mattress at the underside of the bed and make crisp corners!
- If you wish to have other blankets on your bed, now’s the time to get them in thin layers. Tuck them in with the sheets.
- Add a Livpure all weather-comforter at this step, which comes in lovely colors to match your bedding. Confirm the underside of the quilt falls below the mattress and also the top of the quilt is folded over at the top.
- Then fold the sheet over the top of the comforter and tuck it in at the edges of the bed.
- Match your standard sleeping pillows with your sheets.
- Add a few decorative pillows which match your comforter or duvet.
- To add the final luxurious touch, add a nubby throw at the end of the bed to give it a rustic look!
The Livpure advantage
Let’s talk about what you get when you buy a Livpure all-weather comforter. It is made with water-resistant material-0 a very innovative thing in the market right now! It also comes with a one-year warranty and is human and planet-friendly. You don’t have to worry about a peaceful sleep- use this comforter to keep you warm all night!
Storing a comforter might not look easy as it is big, but do not be scared. Just keeping it clean and following some easy steps is the key to successful storage and long life for the comforter. Just make sure to keep your pets away from these kinds of bedding, as animal dander can decrease the life of bedspreads and other bedding materials. Other than that, enjoy a warm and peaceful sleep.