Choosing a suitable mattress for a stomach sleeper can be quite challenging. The mattress needs to be both comfortable and supportive so that you can get a good night’s sleep. There are many theories that a super soft mattress is a comfortable one but, everyone is different and everyone’s sleep needs are unique. It is important to remember that during sleep, the neutral position of the spine needs to be maintained so that you don’t suffer from any aches or pains the next day.
A firm mattress is generally recommended for stomach sleepers as it offers good cushioning, support, and a neutral position for the spine.
- Regal: Latex + Ortho HR Foam Mattress with Bouncy Ergonomic Support $11899.0 - $33149.0
- Ortho CurvX: HR + Memory Foam Mattress With Curved Orthopaedic Foam $7719.0 - $21099.0
- Duos Versa: Reversible Foam Mattress with EGAPA FreshTech Filter $5389.0 - $12799.0
Let’s talk about the types of mattresses available so that you can make the best choice for you.
It is specifically designed to offer firm support to the shoulders, neck, and back. An orthopedic mattress forms the body’s shape when lying down and enables optimum support. These mattresses are recommended for people who suffer from chronic back pain and other various joint pains. Orthopedic mattresses are specifically designed to reduce the pressure on joints while lying down and evenly distribute the body weight across the mattress to prevent the build-up of pressure at certain points.
It falls under the more premium category and are specially designed to offer a luxurious feel. The superior comfort and support help you get the best night’s sleep. While looking for a new mattress, support is one of the most important characteristics you should look at. A latex mattress’s support helps you align your spine while sleeping. The correct posture is very important while resting and will help you get a good night’s sleep. The correct posture helps reduce joint pain by relieving the pressure points in the body. Latex mattresses have hypoallergenic properties and are resistant to dust mites, mold, and mildew. With various support zones, latex mattresses form the contour of the body and offer superior support and pressure relief. The enhanced breathability of the mattress makes it easy to regulate your body temperature while sleeping at night. Research has proved that regulated skin temperature does lead to a better quality of sleep.
Memory Foam mattresses:
The best memory foam mattress is made up of high-resilience materials which increase the life of the mattress and maintain the quality of sleep through many years. The enhanced pressure relief helps in improved recovery for the body. Whether you are a side sleeper or a person who sleeps on your stomach, you are bound to find a comfortable spot on this mattress. The contouring also helps prevent tossing and turning during the night.
- Innerspring mattresses: This is a very traditional mattress and is made up of spring-like layers of coils encompassed with materials like latex or foam. Spring mattresses vary with the position of their coils depending on what the mattress is meant to offer you.
People always highlight positives but let’s look at a few downsides too for the flowing mattress so that you know exactly what you’re getting into when you’re buying them.
- Orthopedic Mattress: It is very difficult to distinguish an orthopedic mattress from others. This is why you need to look at a well-trusted brand when buying these. Some companies use the term orthopedic just as a marketing gimmick. The price is also something you need to consider as it may be a little out of reach for some people.
- Latex Mattress: Some people find these mattresses too firm as they are used to sleeping in super soft mattresses. Some latex mattresses are also not designed to be breathable and this results in them retaining heat when you sleep at night. The pro tip here would be to do your research on the type of Latex mattress you are looking at before buying.
- Memory Foam Mattress: Memory foam mattresses are generally heavy and difficult to handle. They have also been known to retain heat a little more than other mattresses because you sink in and it cradles your body. Luckily you only need to look for a mattress that’s breathable or infused with cool gel technology.
- Spring Mattresses: They offer great support to your body. The budget for these mattresses is also quite less in comparison to others and they are available in varying firmness.
It is important to look at the pros and cons when looking for a mattress as it is a sizable investment. There is a sizable amount of research out there that can help you make your decision.
Let’s summarize a few points that you need to look into when buying a mattress.
- Focus on the comfort and the support it offers
- Look for the correct size. Some might prefer a king-size mattress and depend on your bed size, you might need a queen-size mattress.
- Look for the firmness that suits you.
- Look at reviews online across all platforms possible.
- Look at the downsides of the mattress you’re looking at
- Look at the price and the benefits that the increased price will offer you.
One can say that a mattress is like a companion and that’s because if you look at it, we spend a lot of our time in our bed. An average person spends 33% of their time in bed so it is safe to say that a mattress will be one of the most important investments in life.
So where do you find a mattress that supports your body, improves wellness, and is also an epitome of convenience? Livpure is your one-stop shop. A haven for online mattress shopping with multiple options to choose from. An eco-conscious range of mattresses that come with
- Removable and machine-washable covers made of Oeko-Tex-certified fabric
- 5D SleepTech for improved pressure relief
- Aerospace Technology, breathable foams; to maintain temperature neutrality
With a range dedicated towards mattresses that are not just comfortable but also designed keeping holistic in mind, these mattresses are fuelled by technology, backed by science, and curated hand in hand with nature.