Getting good sleep is vital for your physical and mental health. On average, you require seven to nine hours of quality sleep every night. It’s as important as exercising daily or eating a balanced diet. Good quality sleep can improve your concentration and help you focus. It can increase your athletic performance, strengthen your heart, boost your immune system and help you maintain your weight. On the other hand, poor sleep is linked to depression, increased inflammation in the body, and increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes in adults. Having a good mattress is essential for ensuring a peaceful sleep. However, it’s not easy to buy one these days.
Do you buy a mattress online or go to an offline store to check the quality? Is a particular mattress worth the money? How do you find a mattress best suited to your needs? It is a challenging task. With so many brands and varieties of mattresses, you can easily make a mistake.
- Regal: Latex + Ortho HR Foam Mattress with Bouncy Ergonomic Support $11899.0 - $33149.0
- Ortho CurvX: HR + Memory Foam Mattress With Curved Orthopaedic Foam $7719.0 - $21099.0
- Duos Versa: Reversible Foam Mattress with EGAPA FreshTech Filter $5389.0 - $12799.0
- Lumbar: HR Foam Mattress With 3D Sleeptech™ $5579.0 - $11199.0
Here are 10 common mistakes that you can avoid next time you buy a mattress:
1) Buying the cheapest option: Nobody likes to miss out on a great deal. But when it comes to mattresses, cheap is not always equivalent to better. Cheap mattresses are made up of a single foam which offer very little support and are less comfortable. What you can do is look for a mattress in affordable price that is also of good quality. You can find such a mattress online at Livpure’s website.
2) Less awareness about the types of mattresses: Often you are unaware of the types of mattresses available in the market. There are several mattresses available online today: Natural Latex, Orthopedic, Memory Foam, and more. You must select the one that suits your needs. Memory foam mattresses are comfortable and offer good motion isolation. On the other hand, a latex mattress is cooling, bouncy, and durable but may not offer good motion isolation. Orthopedic mattresses provide support for muscles, joints, and bones and help improve back pain or body aches.
3) Ignoring how firm your bed should be: While firmness is subjective, you should keep some general rules in mind while buying the perfect mattress for you. Ignore these and you could end up buying a mattress too soft to support your body or too firm to give you back pain the next morning. It is important to select the right level of firmness.
4) Skipping over online reviews: You should read online user reviews while buying a mattress. Also, read the expert reviews. You’ll get to know if the mattress is comfortable or not. You’ll also get to know about the manufacturer, after-sale services, and return policy from the first-hand users of the product. It’ll help you in making an informed decision while buying the right mattress for you.
5) Ignoring your sleeping positions: You often move in bed when you sleep. However, there are always one or two sleeping positions in which you feel the most comfortable. If you ignore these while buying your mattress, you may end up buying the wrong mattress. Some common sleeping positions include back, side and stomach and you need to find a mattress that is best suited to your dominant position. You can find a mattress for side sleepers. Side sleepers put high pressure on their joints so a soft memory foam mattress is the best available option for them. Back sleepers should select a medium-firm mattress to help them avoid back pain and keep their spine in alignment. Stomach sleepers should choose innerspring or hybrid mattresses. It’s also difficult for combination sleepers to select the best for themselves. They need a mattress that’s firm enough to support the hips and soft enough for the shoulders.
6) Assuming more expensive is better: While you should not go for the cheapest options, you should also be rational while buying a mattress. Don’t assume that the price is equivalent to quality and more expensive means better quality. There are several affordable mattresses available online. They often get you the latest technology at the most affordable price.
7) Making a choice based only on comfort: You should not only look for comfort while buying a mattress. Cheap mattresses may be comfortable at first but they don’t offer durability. Buying a mattress is like investing in good quality sleep in return. So look for one that is both comfortable and durable.
8) Buying from another person’s experience: Everybody has a different body shape and preferences. You shouldn’t blindly follow your friend’s or another person’s advice while buying a mattress. A mattress is not a one-size-fits-all solution. And you should look for the one that suits your requirements.
9) Not reading the terms and conditions: It’s also important to read the terms and conditions when you make a purchase online. First, know about the delivery details. Some stores offer free delivery of mattresses online. Then, read the return policy and home trial period. Most brands give 1-3 months of the home trial period. If you’re not satisfied with the quality of the product at the end of the trial, you can return it for a refund.
10) Accepting a bad mattress: Last but the most common mistake is you accept a bad mattress and keep using it. If you are unhappy with your mattress then use the warranty on the product. You will improve your sleep cycle and mental and physical well-being in doing so.
These are some of the most common mistakes to avoid when buying a mattress. Remember, the mattress you choose will determine the quality of sleep you get and help you avoid body pain.
Avoid mattress shopping mistakes with Livpure. Our mattress collection is powered by the latest innovation and science. Livpure is designed to offer comfort with durability. Livpure offers a variety of options to choose from: Natural Latex, Orthopedic, Memory Foam, and more.
Customers choose Livpure not only for comfort, the latest technology, and durability but also for the services it provides like free home delivery, free demo, and a 100-night no-risk trial period.
Go check the website now and buy the best in the market.