Every once in a while people want to amp up their interior decor to keep up with the latest trends in the world of interior design. From curtains and sofa covers to cushions and carpets, every item in a household gets an upgrade. But what is often looked over is the mattress where you spend at least 8-10 hours daily. People consider mattresses to be a one-time investment and forget that mattress deteriorate with time and need to be replaced. Using an old and worn-out mattress is often the root cause of severe back aches and spinal issues. If you are also guilty of using the same old mattress for years now, you need to invest in a new mattress right now.
Signs you need to change your mattress
There are several signs that you may need a new mattress:
- You wake up feeling tired or sore: If you’re waking up feeling tired or sore, it could be a sign that your mattress is no longer providing the support you need.
- Your mattress is visibly worn: If your mattress shows visible signs of wear, such as sagging, bulges, or visible impressions, it may no longer be providing proper support.
- You’re not getting a peaceful sleep: If you’re constantly tossing around at night, or you’re having trouble falling asleep, it could be a sign that your mattress is no longer comfortable.
- You’re experiencing allergies or respiratory issues: If you’re experiencing allergies or respiratory issues, it could be due to dust mites or other allergens that have accumulated in your mattress.
- Your mattress is older than 7-10 years: Mattresses last for about 7-10 years, so if your mattress is older than that, it’s probably time to replace it.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s worth considering a new mattress. A good quality mattress can improve your sleep and overall quality of life, so it’s worth investing in a mattress that will provide the support and comfort you need.
Features to look for when buying a new mattress
When shopping for a new mattress, there are several features to consider:
- Firmness: The firmness of a mattress is a personal preference, and what feels comfortable for one person may not be comfortable for another. It’s important to choose a firmness level that feels comfortable to you. Here are some common fitness levels of a mattress:
– Soft: A super soft mattress has a plush, pillow-like top layer and offers a lot of pressure relief. It may be a good choice for side sleepers or people who prefer a softer, more cushioning surface.
– Medium: A medium-firm mattress strikes a balance between soft and firm, offering some cushioning and some support. It may be a good choice for people who sleep on their back or stomach or switch positions during the night.
– Firm: A firm mattress has a dense, supportive top layer and provides a solid, even surface. It may be a good choice for people who need extra support for their back or who prefer a firmer sleeping surface.
- Support: A mattress should provide proper support for your body, especially your back and spine. Look for a mattress with good lumbar support to help keep your spine properly aligned.
- Material: Mattresses are made from a variety of materials, including memory foam, innerspring, and latex. Consider the benefits and drawbacks of each type of material to find one that works best for you.
- Size: Make sure to choose a mattress that fits your bed frame and provides enough space for you to sleep comfortably. Here are the standard mattress sizes
– Twin size: 39 in x 75 in
– Twin XL size: 39 in x 80 in
– Full: 54 in x 75 in
– Queen size: 60 in x 80 in
– King size: 76 in x 80 in
– California King size: 72 in x 84 in
It’s important to choose a size that will fit your bed frame and provide enough space for you to sleep comfortably. If you’re unsure which size is best for you, consider your sleeping habits and the size of your bedroom. You may also want to consider the size of your partner to ensure that you both have enough space.
- Price: Mattresses come in a range of prices, so consider your budget and be sure to shop around to find the best value for your money.
- Brand: Research different brands and read customer reviews to get a sense of the quality and durability of their products.
- Warranty: Be sure to read the fine print on the warranty to understand what is covered and for how long.
By considering these factors, you can find a mattress that meets your needs and preferences.
Can you use a new mattress immediately?
Yes, you can use a new mattress immediately after you purchase it. Most mattresses are designed to be used as soon as they are taken out of the box, although it is recommended to let them air out for a few hours to eliminate any new product smell.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that it can take some time for a new mattress to fully “break in” and reach its full comfort level. It’s normal for a new mattress to feel firmer or more supportive than you’re used to at first, but it should soften and become more comfortable over time as you sleep on it.
It’s also a good idea to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the care and maintenance of your new mattress to ensure that it stays in good condition. This may include rotating the mattress every few months or using a mattress protector to protect it from spills and stains.
If you need a new mattress immediately, check out the range of Livpure mattresses. Livpure is a household name and provides top-quality mattresses in India at the best price. By combining Croatian biocrystal, Malaysian latex, and Belgian fabric, they serve the best that the world has to offer in one mattress to their customers. From foam and orthopedic mattresses to natural latex, Livpure has it all. Head towards their website to book your new mattress today!