Sleeping on the wrong type of mattress can cause you back pain. Your bed plays a vital role in the quality of your sleep and affects the way you feel after waking up.
Sleeping on a mattress that is not fit for your needs can lead to spinal misalignment in the long run. A poorly suited bed causes the lower back muscles to strain, which results in backaches and pulls. Always buy the best mattress for a healthy back if you are prone to or want to avoid back issues in the future.
Sleeping on a suitable surface helps your spine remain aligned throughout the night and relieves the pressure on your back. Therefore, before you buy a mattress, you must research for the healthiest mattress to buy.
Before you dive into the best mattress to buy for back problems, here are some issues you might face indicating that your mattress needs replacing.
What are some signs that your mattress might be the problem?
On average, nearly 60% of Indians suffer from back pain at some point in their lives. So, how can you ensure that the mattress you sleep on does not make you a part of this statistic?
Here are some subtle signs to look out for:
- Waking up with pain – If you wake up with back pain when you roll out of bed first thing in the morning, your mattress and sleeping position might be the cause of that. An old mattress or one that is too soft can unnecessarily strain your spine, leading to aggravated back pain.
- Turning in your sleep – Your mattress quality determines your sleep schedule. A lousy mattress means restless nights. Discomfort might cause you to turn in your sleep constantly. Treat it as a significant sign implying that your body cannot find the optimal comfort level, leading to back pain.
- Sinking in your mattress – If your mattress is sinking while you sleep, your spine will be unable to maintain its correct posture. An arched spine could also lead to back aches when you wake up.
- Mattress being too hard or too soft – You might think that very firm or very soft mattresses are the best mattresses for back and neck pain. However, as the saying goes, you should not have too much of anything. If the mattress is too soft, it may lead to spine alignment problems, whereas if it is too hard, it might cause joint pain.
- Getting used to a new mattress – The body usually takes a little time to get used to a new sleeping surface. The possibility of the new mattress causing body discomfort is high, but there is nothing to worry about if you give it a few days. If your bed is the correct type, your body will adapt with time. If the problem persists after a few days, you should consider switching to a different kind.
- Worn–out mattress – Having an old mattress will cause back problems. Sleep experts highly recommend that mattresses be changed in 7-8 years because they will wear out. You might not feel it because your body has gotten used to it. However, it can cause damage in the long run. If you can see your mattress sagging in the middle, then the unevenness might be causing back pain.
- Disruptions in sleeping patterns – If you keep waking up in between your slumber, something within your immediate sleeping environment is likely to be causing it. Make sure that your mattress is not the problem.
- Constant tiredness – A good night’s sleep should leave you feeling rejuvenated and fresh when you wake up. But if you feel tired in the morning despite how early you went to bed or had severe body aches, there must be something wrong with your mattress.
If you have recognized a few or all of these signs and have decided to go for a new mattress, keep reading to know what kind of mattress you should go for!
Which brand should you choose for back problems?
An orthopedic mattress is specially designed using sleep-tech technology to help alleviate backache and spinal misalignment. They provide firm support and are considered the best mattress for upper back and shoulder pain.
They help in efficient recovery from joint pain and back issues. Livpure offers a vast range of mattresses which provide just the right amount of relief from an aching back and a poor posture. Let’s look at some of their best options.
The ultimate Livpure collection of orthopedic mattresses
Livpure offers a wide range of orthopedic mattresses, which can be considered the healthiest mattress to purchase online. Have a look at some of the options:
- Livpure Smart Ortho X – This innovative mattress, made with cool gel memory foam, offers perfect back alignment. It comes in different sizes, ranging from king-size to single–size mattresses. It has proved to be the best mattress for a healthy back.
- Livpure Ortho Curvx – It comes with curved orthopedic foam. This HR + memory foam mattress is the best mattress for orthopedic problems. It is six inches thick, with three layers of curved support.
- Regal Latex + Ortho HR – These orthopedic mattresses provide a spring-like bounce and differentiated support. They have three layers and a medium-firm build. These can be considered as one of the best mattress post-back surgery.
Time to level up
Self-care should be the highest priority, and what says ‘self-care’ better than quality sleep?
You need to invest in the right kind of mattress to help you get that relaxed back and perfect spinal alignment. Orthopedic beds come with proven results and significantly improve your sleep quality. Are you ready to change the way you sleep for good? Buy the best luxury mattress at Livpure, and reward yourself with a better lifestyle!