If you’ve been searching the internet to find a new pillow online, you’ve probably noticed that there are so many options that it’s overwhelming! How on earth are you supposed to pick one of those options? What must you watch out for?
The best mattress and pillow go hand in hand. Your ability to sleep well will depend on finding the right ones, so you should do your research before making a purchase. This guide will help you select the perfect pillow to ensure your posture stays healthy and satisfies your sleeping needs.
How to choose the perfect pillow?
There are countless varieties of pillows available, but did you know that everyone has a different idea of what the “perfect pillow” is? There are various features that everyone requires. When you’re looking for the perfect pillow, you need to consider your body weight, sleeping style, and position preferences. Let’s get into the right way to pick the perfect pillow:
What kind of sleeper are you?
Every individual sleeps differently. Some people like to sleep on their sides, others on their backs, and a few on their stomachs. Side sleeping is the most common, and about 60% of adults prefer it.
Of course, some people switch between the three throughout the night, and that’s completely normal. So let’s get into the Livpure pillow options for different types of sleepers:
- Side sleepers: If you’re a side sleeper, you need to look for a pillow that provides firm support to keep your head and spine aligned. They have to support your shoulders, head and neck while keeping your body horizontal.
- Back sleepers: For those who prefer sleeping on their back, look for a pillow with medium firmness. This provides support for your neck and head and maintains the spine’s natural curve.
- Stomach sleepers: Many experts say that it’s better to avoid sleeping on your stomach since it can harm the position of the upper cervical spine. But a soft, flat pillow would be best for those who can’t avoid it.
What’s the right pillow height?
Pillow height is also called thickness or “loft”. Based on the position you sleep in, you’ll need a different loft to ensure you’re comfortable. Pillow lofts are divided into:
- Low lofts: These are approximately 3 inches thick or less.
- Medium lofts: They are approximately between 3 and 5 inches thick.
- High lofts: These are approximately over 5 inches thick.
How much pressure relief does it offer?
Just like a good mattress, a pillow can also provide pressure relief. If your pillow adds stress to your pressure points, it can cause pain and discomfort. That is why it’s best to find a pillow with pressure-relieving properties.
Do you require cooling properties?
If you live in a place with a hot climate, you might be glad to know that there are pillows that come with cooling properties. These are made to keep you cool throughout the night by regulating the temperature. Most of the time, these are made from 100% organic cotton or latex. The benefits of using a cooling gel pillow are:
- Provides comfort to side and back sleepers
- Mould to the head’s shape so that pressure points are comfortable
- Best for those with allergies
- Provide firm support to the neck and shoulders
- Helps to relieve insomnia
- Can improve the skin’s appearance
- Better mental health
- Keeps away anxiety and depression
- Improves sleeping patterns
- Protection from the terrible heat
What firmness level will be the best?
The best mattress would be available at different heights. Likewise, even a pillow can come in various heights. The thickness and firmness of the pillow go hand in hand. If you get a thick but soft pillow, once you lie on it, it won’t remain firm because you’ll sink into it.
What’s the right density?
Considering the density and weight of the pillow is a must. That’s what determines how durable and comfortable the pillow will be. There are three densities which are:
- Light density: down pillows have a lighter density since they’re soft
- Medium density: A latex and memory foam pillow will have a medium density
- High density: Wool and cotton pillows have a high density
The price of the pillow should be within your range
Since there’s such a variety of pillows, the price of pillow also varies. The price of a pillow online is usually lower since there are many discounts and offers available. The range of Livpure pillows is affordable, enabling most people to be able to buy it.
What are the types of pillows available?
If you go to the Livpure website, you’ll find Livpure sleep essentials like Livpure mattresses and pillows. The price of mattress and pillows aren’t high.
Here are the types of pillows:
- Down pillow: These are made using soft fibres from a swan, goose or duck. Some even have feathers mixed in with the fibres, so avoid them if you are allergic. Besides that, they are perfect for side, back and stomach sleepers. And are light, durable and cushiony.
- Memory foam Pillow: The best mattress is considered to be made from memory foam. Likewise, memory foam pillows are the most preferred. All sleepers can use them. They mould to the shape of the head and neck so that you can sleep better. Though they are great for pressure relief, these pillows can sometimes retain heat.
- Latex pillows: These are the best for those who need head and neck support. Check that they are pure latex since sometimes they could be mixed with other materials. They’re highly durable, breathable and biodegradable. All these features make them cost more.
Get your Perfect pillow from Livpure
Swimming through the ocean of options for pillows can be exhausting. Who knew there could be so many types? There are different types of back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
Explore all the options and keep in mind that it’s also essential to maintain a healthy sleeping posture. To find the perfect Livpure pillow, you must remember that it has to support your neck, head, and spine. Head to their website to see all the various Livpure mattress and pillow options.