Sleep matters to the extent that it can make or break your day. A restless night can leave you grumpy and irritable throughout the next day. Are you looking for a solution? One of the most effective ways to get some peaceful z’s is to switch your mattresses. Investing in a good bed is investing in you and your health.
But not every mattress is going to be the best for you. The mattress industry is thriving, and the ‘perfect’ mattress hits the market every other day. But only you can decide the most suitable bed for yourself.
But how do you decide which one to buy?
The first step is to learn about the best mattress types and their features. Then, gauge your requirements. And you’ve got the perfect match!
The Most Popular Types of Mattresses – Feature Comparison
If you find yourself in the market or browsing the web for the best mattress in India, you will likely be hounded by information and options. But you do not have to get confused by what sellers tell you. Know the different types of mattresses below and see if one fits your needs. Here is your comprehensive guide to different mattress types and the features they offer!
1. Innerspring Mattress
When you think of a mattress, you probably picture the innerspring king-size mattress. It’s the oldest mattress known to humanity. Even though the market is full of new mattress types, the innerspring mattress is still relevant and popular.
Also known as the coil mattress, the innerspring mattress has a steel coil support system. Remember that the greater the number of coils, the higher the comfort and value.
Feature of Innerspring
- Cost: These mattresses are among the least expensive mattresses in the market. Online mattress shopping might get you better deals.
- Support: The coils provide a pushback, which makes the mattress firm and supportive.
- Breathable: These mattresses maintain airflow and temperature, allowing them to release heat and provide a cool atmosphere.
- Versatile: It offers more variety based on the springs, such as encased pocketed coils, Bonnell coils, offset coils, etc.
2. Memory Foam Mattress
Invented by NASA in 1966 to offer better safety to aircraft cushions, the memory foam mattress is among the top-selling mattress types. It’s made of polyurethane foam that absorbs shock and makes the seats more comfortable.
Because of its highly responsive nature, it is now used in mattresses. It sinks in at the heaviest points and provides cushiony support.
Features of Memory Foam
- Comfort: You will often hear people rave about this mattress’s comfort level. For this reason, many other products, like cushions and shoes, have memory foam.
- Better Alignment: Because memory foam is very responsive, it takes the shape of your body and provides better spinal alignment.
- Movement Isolation: It offers proper movement isolation, which is best if you are sharing your bed with someone who tosses around in their sleep
- Cost: It is among the most budget-friendly options out there.
3. Hybrid Mattress
A hybrid mattress allows you to enjoy both: the pressure-relieving quality of memory foam or latex and the bounce of pocketed coils. However, there are some drawbacks, such as it is heavier and more expensive.
Features of Hybrid Mattress
- Durable: The spring coils in a hybrid Livpure orthopaedic mattress make it more durable than foam mattresses.
- Support: It offers the support of the innerspring mattress plus the comfort of other materials.
- Movement Isolation: It uses pocketed coils that are individually wrapped and move separately, resulting in less motion transfer.
- Customisable: Since this mattress combines two or more mattress types, you are more likely to find a bed that works for you.
4. Latex Foam Mattress
Do you want to minimise synthetic material in your mattress? Go for the 100% natural latex mattress. Latex gets sourced from the sap of a rubber tree. These mattresses have a layer of natural latex, usually on top of springs or other fillings, to provide a comfortable surface to sleep on.
Features of Latex Mattress
- Alignment and support: An orthopaedic mattress made from latex moulds to the sleeper’s body shape. However, it also provides better support than memory foam mattresses.
- Natural: Plant-based latex beds are one of the few eco-friendly Livpure natural mattress options available in the market.
- Movement Absorption: It absorbs movement, making it more comfortable if you toss and turn around in bed.
5. Airbed Mattress
An Airbed mattress has a chamber that allows you to fill in air. When you increase the amount of air in the chamber, it makes the mattress firmer. Similarly, decreasing the air quantity makes the queen-size mattress softer.
On top of the air chamber, the mattress typically has a latex or foam layer for extra pressure relief.
Features of Airbed Mattress
- Comfort and Support: The top layer with the air chambers below allows the mattress to feel comfortable and provides adequate support.
- Customisable: You can customise the firmness according to your needs. However, it also adds to the price, making it more costly than other options.
The Bottom Line
Mattress finding is not difficult if you know what you’re in for and what you need. Before entering the market, decide how much you wish to spend. The research will tell you that luxury mattresses like the Livpure regal mattress might be more cost-effective than other substandard mattresses in the long run.
Once you find the right one, don’t leave the shop without discussing the warranty period and return policies. It’s crucial to avoid any future inconveniences and disputes. If you don’t want to scan through several shops, look for a Livpure mattress online. It’s that simple.
Still sceptical about whether you hit the jackpot or not?
Use the trial period to be sure. You can take the Livpure mattress home and utilise their 100–night free trial to ensure that it provides the comfort you expect.