Water purifiers that use the process known as reverse osmosis (RO) are effective in removing numerous types of impurities and pollutants from water. The many phases of filtration eliminate contaminants from the water, making it suitable for human consumption. Having said that, we must do routine maintenance on our RO filters to guarantee that the water purifier will continue to function effectively over time. The changing of RO filters has to preferably be done once every twelve months. Because of this, the overall performance of your reverse-osmosis system will be at its highest possible level. If you do not follow these steps, pollutants may still be found in the water that you consume.
When Should the RO System Be Cleaned?
Because the amount of water used and the quality of that water varies from home to home, the procedure of cleaning or sterilising may also vary. However, it is necessary to clean the RO filter once every three to twelve months, depending on the requirement or signal that the filter has to be cleaned. Sanitation is required to be performed once yearly on a reverse osmosis system. It is a good idea to fully sterilise your Reverse Osmosis system whenever you replace the reverse osmosis water filters. When cleaning and sanitising your RO water filtration system, you need to follow the correct sanitation methods at each step of the process, including changing the filters. If you follow these instructions, you can prevent contamination from occurring in your unit.
Using two to three teaspoons of unscented household bleach or an EPA and NSF-approved non-bleach system sanitizer, which has been shown to remove 99.99% of hazardous bacteria, you can sanitise your system. Alternatively, you can use a non-bleach system sanitizer. For the system to function properly, it needs to undergo regular maintenance. As was said previously, filters are an essential component of the system that performs reverse osmosis.
When should you clean the RO system, and how can you tell when it’s time to do it?
The RO water purification technology revolves around the filters themselves. Whether or not the RO system needs to be cleaned is determined by the condition of the filters. It is a sign that your RO system needs to be cleaned when there is a change in the flavour of the water as well as when the filters and membranes have become worn out.
What are the requirements?
The procedure of cleaning, as well as the dilution of the cleaning chemicals, should be carried out using soft water. It is also necessary to have an RO cleaning pump, cleaning tank, a tank cooler, a mixer, and an RO cleaning cartridge filter to clean your water purifier. These components all work together to assist in the removal of any dirt that may have been produced during the cleaning process.
Before beginning the process of cleaning the RO filter, some precautions need to be done.
If it is planned to replace filters while cleaning is being done, then all of the new filters should be kept in their original packaging until it is time to replace them. Before working with the RO system, make sure your hands are clean by washing them with soap and water or putting on sanitary gloves.
Make sure there is no additional dirt or dust in the area where the service is being performed.
Processes to Follow When Cleaning RO Filters
You must keep the RO filter clean so that you and your family can continue to consume water that is 100 percent pure and uncontaminated.
The process of cleaning a water purifier consists of the following steps, which you should be familiar with:
- Cut the water supply to the storage tank.
- Do not forget to empty the storage tank.
- After you have given the system some time to reset itself, remove the filter housings from the system.
- First, take out the filters and membrane for the reverse osmosis system, and then put in new filter housings.
- When cleaning the Reverse Osmosis system, the chemicals that were recommended by the manufacturer should be diluted. During the cleaning activities, for example, bleach is utilised the majority of the time. After pouring the solution into the system and allowing it to circulate for approximately one hour,
- Soft water is used to clean the system of the pollutants that are already there.
- Use a soap solution to clean the filter housings, and then thoroughly rinse them afterward.
- The current state of the O-rings must be evaluated to determine whether or not they require replacement. If the rings have sustained significant damage, then you will need to replace them. When it is discovered that some O-rings have dried out, the rings can be rehydrated by being treated with a lubricant that is based on water, and then they can be reused.
- Both the pre-filter, which is used for removing dirt, dust, and other sediments, and the carbon filter, which is designed to remove chlorine and other impurities that damage the taste of water, need to be checked at the appropriate intervals to determine whether or not they need to be replaced.
- Place the filters in their original positions and reconnect all of the wires.
- Turn the valve to the open position to start the water flowing through the system.
- After the tank has been brought back up to its original level, drain it once more.
At this point, the RO Water Purifier system you have should be ready to be put to use. If you aren’t getting the results you want, you should talk to the company that made the product or an experienced professional.
Get your RO filters from a reputed company to avoid contamination of your drinking water and to get clean and pure water. Ideally, your filters should come from the same company as the filtration system, making it imperative that you buy them from a good company such as Livpure. Livpure water purifiers are among the best available in the country. You can also directly buy ro filters from Livpure to ensure clean water for health. Check out the Livpure website to browse the assorted range of ro filters and livpure water purifiers. Livpure also offers comprehensive and affordable water purifier servicing & repair plans to help you maintain your water purifier for a fraction of the cost.
Also Read: How Drinking Water Can Help you Lose Weight?