Two-thirds of the world is covered in water bodies. Even so, not all water is equal because only a limited amount is suitable for consumption. The water in vast oceans and seas is unfit for drinking because it contains enormous quantities of dissolved salts. That is not all. Even municipal Types of Water Purifiers contain various contaminants that make them unsuitable for drinking. An alkaline water purifier makes your water alkaline and adds essential minerals to your drinking water
These pollutants include Total Dissolved Salts (TDS), bacteria and viruses, chlorine, heavy metals, and more. Humankind, through the ages, has purified water before drinking. Today, technological advancements have made the best water accessible to the masses.
Which type of water purifier is best for health?
The answer is simple. It is an alkaline water purifier. An alkaline water purifier makes your water alkaline and adds essential minerals to your drinking water. Before going further let us know what alkaline water is and what are its benefits for your health.
What is alkaline water?
Alkaline water simply has higher potential hydrogen than regular drinking water. Alkaline substances are like salt, metal, and minerals that when mixed in water make it more basic.
The PH level of alkaline water is a little more than neutral. If you look at the PH scale, it may fall under the reading of 8 to 9. This is due to the higher amount of total dissolved minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.
On the pH scale if we look at anything above the reading of 7 it will be considered alkaline. For example, the blood in your system has a value of 7.4 but soaps and bleach range from 12 to 13 in value.
Benefits of alkaline water
Some common benefits of alkaline water are:
- May aid the treatment of diabetics: Alkaline water is said to reduce blood glucose levels and cholesterol. It is also said to improve the thickness of blood to ease the flow through the body. It is rich in antioxidants which help prevent many diseases. Antioxidants prevent the oxidation of fat. These fats are harmful to blood vessels. Published studies have proved that alkaline water can fight the action of oxidative elements that attack body tissues. This also helps the body age slower.
- Mineral-rich: Alkaline water has a higher calcium, magnesium, and potassium concentration. These are essential minerals for your body. Some are responsible for bone health, teeth, or even hair. Alkaline water also helps support our immune system by supplementing you with the necessary minerals.
- Oxygen-rich: Oxygen plays an important role in our body and the cells inside it. The blood in the body carries the oxygen supply to the necessary cells. This ensures more energy for the body as oxygen can be considered one of the fuels of the body. This helps keep your metabolism on track and makes sure your nervous system is functioning well.
- Aids detoxification of the body: Alkaline water can also be considered a detox drink. Alkaline water helps reduce the build-up of mucus in the small and big intestine walls. This in turn helps the body absorb the necessary nutrients well while digestion takes place. The ionized solution rids the body of toxins and waste.
- Energizing: With so-called magical properties alkaline water is a source of abundant energy. The ions present in it increase energy levels and mental capability or clarity. It is also known to combat the effects of lactic acid build-up thus helping the body’s recovery after intense efforts.
How many kinds of water purifiers are available in the market?
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
In reverse osmosis, membrane technology removes dissolved salts, impurities, and germs from the water. The semi-permeable membrane lets only water pass and blocks microbes, chemicals, and dissolved salts that are not visible to the naked eye. However, it changes the taste of water. Moreover, the RO membrane is best to purify water with high TDS levels and for maximum contaminated water.
- Ultra Violet (UV)
The Ultra Violet purification method uses ultraviolet radiation to kill germs, bacteria, etc. It can kill about 99% of germs and contaminants. This process involves a mercury lamp that emits a short UV wave. The bacteria and viruses lose the capacity to reproduce and die eventually. However, the dead bodies remain in the water and need to be removed by a different process.
- Ultra-Filtration (UF)
The Ultrafiltration – membrane technology uses a more permeable membrane with larger pores to remove microbes and harmful chemicals. However, it cannot remove dissolved salts and solids owing to bigger pores. It is best to purify water with moderate TDS levels.
Which one is better- RO or UV purifier?
The RO water purifier removes chlorine, nitrates, and metal particles like arsenic, lead, fluoride, etc. In RO purifiers, the water pump forces hard water to pass through the RO membrane. Consequently, clean water with minerals is collected for drinking, and the polluted water is let out of a pipe.
The RO water purifier works like magic on hard water. It can easily convert any water to soft water. In cities and semi-urban areas, water travels through pipelines, wells, municipal pipelines, etc.
The TDS levels are alarmingly high. Thus, people prefer the RO purifier in such situations to improve the quality and taste of water. Further, the RO water purifier is wall-mounted or can be placed under the sink.
In UV water purifiers, water passes through a tiny UV lamp. This process kills bacteria, pathogens, and even cysts (if present). However, as mentioned above, the microorganisms in their dead state remain in the water. Another process can remove those bodies from the water.
Hence, this works best for water with a low TDS level. However, the efficiency of these purifiers is higher than UF, activated carbon, and RO purifiers
The best purifier for the home is the RO + UV purifier. They work best for urban residents since the TDS level is usually high. If you live in an area where the TDS level is low to medium, you can go for UV or UF.
About Livpure Envy Alkaline Water Purifier
Livpure Envy Alkaline Water purifier is one of a kind in the market. It makes your water alkaline and enriches your drinking water with essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. Alkaline water provides additional benefits like improving metabolism, reducing bone loss, and is anti-aging in nature. With its RO 2000 TDS membrane, it can purify water from any source.
What are you waiting for? Buy an alkaline Water purifier now. It is the perfect water purifier for the office or home. It is now available at No Cost EMI and free sediment and carbon filter change within 1 year.
Also read : What Research Says About Water Purifier