Seventy percent of your body is made up of water. So, you need to be conscious of the water that you consume. Water contamination in India is a serious concern today and can lead to a host of issues among adults and children.Many people rely on groundwater and tankers in regions of scarce water. The impurities present in these sources of water need to be treated before you consume them. The metals and pesticides present in the water can cause serious harm to your body.Boiling water was considered the best way to purify water, but water contamination can occur naturally, by human touch, or even by improper storage of treated water. In today’s world, using a water purifier is the best way to keep your drinking water safe.
You will see many options when you go into the market to look for the best water purifier. This can get confusing and so, it is important to know what you are looking for in a water purifier.
Let us look at a few tips to help you narrow your search
- Know your water source: Knowing where you get your water from is very important as this will affect your purification process. You may get your water from borewells, tankers, municipal corporations, and sometimes due to a shortage, a mix of both. This is important to know because ultraviolet water purifiers are used for homes that are supplied water from municipalities. RO water purifiers are used in homes where the water is supplied by tankers or bore wells and UV RO filters are used for homes that receive a mixed supply of water.
- Look at the TDS levels of your water: This refers to the total dissolved solids in the water. Simply put, it refers to the salts, minerals, metals, and other impurities dissolved in your drinking water. This can be measured by a TDS meter. The ideal reading for excellent-condition drinking water is below 300. In case you don’t have access to one, most companies selling water purifiers usually perform this test for you before they fit a water purifier for you.
- Storage Capacity: You would need to consider the daily consumption value of your home to determine this point. An average family requires 6 to 15 liters of drinking water daily.
- Budget: Buying a water purifier is a long-term investment. It is advisable to choose a reputed brand for this reason. Set your budget in advance once you have determined the type of filtration technology you need and your usage.
- Maintenance: Water purifiers are needed to undergo periodic maintenance. The filters need to be changed and the complete system needs a service as well to ensure it is working well. Companies offer yearly maintenance contracts for water purifiers, and these are one of the essential features to consider when making your purchase.
- Choosing the correct water purifier: There are a few types of purifiers available. Ro water purifiers are best suited for homes supplied with bore well water and high TDS levels. UV water purifiers are best used in cases where homes are supplied water from the municipality. UV RO water purifier is best suited to a home with a mixed supply of water from borewells, tankers and municipalities.
- Additional benefits: Some companies offer additional benefits like five stages purifying process, energy saving/standby mode, dual filtration process for higher performance, stainless steel purification chambers, and automatic service alerts.
Apart from the features available out there, it is important to check the water supply to your water purifier. The pressure required for purifiers is about 10 to 40 PSI. In some cases, apartments on lower floors have a higher PSI and a pressure-reducing valve may need to be installed along with the water purifier. Alternatively, homes with lower pressure may need a booster pump for the purifier to ensure adequate water supply to the unit.
The location of the purifier in your home is important too. The inlet for water and an electrical point is to be near the installation location of the water purifier.
Types of water purifiers from Livpure
Water purifiers from Livpure come in several styles, including UV/UF and RO variants. Pick from these low-cost, user-friendly, and high-quality water purifiers to save money:
- Touch UV Water Purifier: The brand-new Touch UV Water Purifier from Livpure uses a cutting-edge ultraviolet disinfection system to clean water with a TDS level of about 500. It also comes with a variety of dispensing options. The filter has a long lifespan. One filter is capable of cleaning 6000 liters of water before it needs to be replaced. Additionally, it contains a UV failure warning that alerts you when it needs replacement. The touch dispensing choices and LED indicator make your work straightforward and uncluttered. There is a guarantee included with this particular water purification system.
- Glitz Water Purifier (UV+UF): UV and UF technology were combined to create the Glitz water purifier from Livpure. You can be guaranteed that the water you drink is pure, fresh, and disease-free thanks to this water purifier. It employs a four-step, high-tech purifying process. In order to prevent unexpected water shortages, the UV life alarm indicator lets you know when maintenance is required. You can see on the LED screen how the water is filtered and how much is being saved.
- Water purifier Zinger: Livpure’s Zinger purifier features a special mineralizer called the Zinger that gives you mineral-rich drinking water with better flavor. This water is the cleanest drinking water available since it has undergone six stages of sophisticated purification and has been UV-sterilized. Mineralized and purified water has numerous extra benefits that promote health.
- Platino+Copper Water Purifier: Using 8 stages of filtration, including a copper filter, Livpure’s Platino+copper water purifier gives you the cleanest, copper-infused drinking water possible. It has a large 8.5L capacity, flexible dispensing options, and an insect-proof tank to protect you from any foreign particles, even those that contaminate your water unintentionally.
To know more about us and our versatile products, visit our website to view many options available that are guaranteed to suit your water purifying needs.
Also Read : Do You Understand Why Mineral Water Tastes Different From Regular Water?